Friday, March 19, 2010

"Big Wheels Keep on Turnin'..."

The wheels are turning...my brain is seriously on overload. Not in a bad way, but in a very busy way. Personally, I've always looked at my life as easy come, easy go, with a few side busters in between. School's got me motivated, but keeping me busy at the same time. Work is work and we're always busy (thank goodness). Biz and just helping with the planning is keeping us on our toes (thank goodness they want to work with us). And we enjoy doing these little researches and projects. It's showing our dedication and attention to detail to what's expected out of us. Personal life is at a normal, typical speed, filled with events, and fortunately even down-time, which is always a good thing. Lately, lots of exciting things and ideas have been snapped shot in my head. Whether they were conversations I've had with some intelligent folks, or emails and chat convos up the wall, and websites that I've visited and vow to visit again. I feel like not only is a blog an easy way to release it all, but a creative way to discover and connect with others and share these ideas.

After reading "Crush It", I've found myself obsessing over the whole social media world that I never thought to ever take a glance at. Ok, obsess is such a strong word, but I've found a fair amount of approval for it all. Which leads me to finally caving in with not only this blog, but I got me a Twitter account: @ccengagements_T. Will see where that leads me (us) and I hope to maneuver my way around the networking/outsourcing scene of the business world. Aaahhhh, so much to learn.

Besides that, I've found evernote to be quite helpful in saving these ideas, thoughts, and quotes and what not ("Linus", you did it again). Join in...you can create folders of all sorts to help you quickly locate something, and there's easy search tools to help you find what you're looking for from your saved data. It's like using yellow or color coordinated Post-It notes, but in a much cleaner and organized way. An added plus: it's FREE.

As the wheels continue to roll, I know my next move is to create a wedding blog for us (I've perused through several blogs and sites online) and even "Evernoted" some ideas and such. People are so creative, dedicated, and so hardworking in something they truly love to do. Like waking up to ideas and jotting them down in a bedside notebook is not irritating and probably common to them. They never think twice about waking up at dawn every morning, because they want to get an early start to their day. Going to sleep past 2 am is nothing because it doesn't even phase them (I've lost track of time before-most of the time it's no biggie). Being on the computer practically 24/7, and having to read up on the latest trends is not a big deal...it's a passion...it's "building your personal brand" (so Gary says)....it's pleasing to their soul. Communicating with others who have the same interests (who could be based thousands of miles away from each other) is entertaining to them--it ain't nothing. And yet, they still appreciate and love what they do. Amazing!

What's nice is that I personally know a few people out there making their way to build their personal brand (you GO-JO w/ your Eco-friendly, designing self!). And those who are taking baby steps to get there. And thinking about all that, now I know why Jay is who he is and is outright passionate about what he does, and what he hopes to accomplish. And I see it in him that being successful is not having all the "dinero" in the bank (well, obviously it helps, right? Don't lie to yourself). But it's mainly about your accomplished dreams...the goals you've met...giving back...being able to do what YOU want...making improvements in your family's lives...Can I get an Amen? "Totes"

No comments:

Post a Comment